From ship to shore

An account of a girl who lives on the high seas.

January 19, 2007

Peru, but where are the llamas?

Peru was much more exciting. It was our second overnight this cruise, with many more to come! The first day was very long for me as I had to get up (as usual) for gangway de-greeting duty and then was informed that I must stay from 8:30am until 3:00pm because we had passengers embarking/disembarking. It had been a late night the evening before, and usually I take a nap from 10-11am, but instead I had to wait around for 5 hours for 19 guests to arrive. Yippee. As soon as I was finished, I collapsed for a 3 hour nap. It was a good thing too as big plans for a night on the town (of Lima!) were in the works. Jen, Mike and I survived the taxi of death on our way into Mira Flores for some food, and drink. We were to meet up with the rest of the cast and musicians (etcetera) later that evening. We weren’t sure how it would happen since no-one had been there before and didn’t know where we were meeting, but it worked out. It was one of the cast member’s birthdays and the night was full of merriment and ended in a gay bar.