From ship to shore

An account of a girl who lives on the high seas.

October 12, 2007

Russia, Shmussia

Who needs Russia anyhow? It’s cold and wet and unfriendly and I didn’t want to drink vodka or wear a furry hat anyway. I didn’t want to see people swearing Russian swears at each other or the Russian mafia shooting each other (Lucy tells me it’s the thing to see in Russia), and Russian women wearing stiletto’s at -10 degrees celcius. Thank goodness the Russian Immigration officials stepped in and didn’t allow any crew to get off the ship in Petropavlosk. I’m so glad we didn’t get to go to Siberia, it certainly wouldn’t have been cool to say I’d been there. Good thing they made Steve (SACD) and I freeze for 7 hours on the gangway trying to organize and keep people from flying off the handle while they checked every single person’s passports and documents getting on and off the ship. I didn’t want to go anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home