From ship to shore

An account of a girl who lives on the high seas.

February 22, 2007

Quarantine yourself

Well, I missed Salvador because I was in quarantine in my 5 by 6 foot room. Apparently Salvador was great! It was the last day of Carnival and the town was hopping. I don’t think I really had GIS (I think now it must have been some not well-cooked chicken I’d eaten the evening before) from what people tell me of GIS, you think you’re dying. Anyhow, so I was quarantined for 24 hours. It was the most rest I’ve had and will have for the next few months. The next two ports, Fortaleza and Belem were not meant to be either. I ended up getting roped into going to lunch with my boss in a hotel in Fortaleza. In Belem, the gateway from the Ocean to the Amazon, there was yet another medical debark and so I spent my day with the two guests who had to leave. I did ride the tender into Belem with them to have them meet the Port Agent, so I got to have a quick look and then get right back on the tender. It might have been a fun place but I guess I will have to find out for myself another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home